Polish Airports (PPL) is one of the top aviation infrastructure companies in Poland, taking active part in the shaping and development of this strategic branch of the industry. PPL operates key elements of the state’s infrastructure, propelling the entire air transport services market.
PPL resources include Warsaw Chopin Airport (EPWA) – the biggest Polish airport and one of the biggest airports in Central and Eastern Europe. The airport enjoys hub status, providing access to international transport routes. It constantly maintains and develops operational capacity, attracting airlines that offer long-distance services. Warsaw Chopin Airport is the base of Poland’s national carrier LOT Polish Airlines.
Polish Airports is also the leading company of the PPL Business Group. PPL holds shares in or stocks of 17 airport operating companies:
Commercial law companies managing regional airports:
- Międzynarodowy Port Lotniczy im. Jana Pawła II Kraków-Balice Sp. z o.o. - 76.19%
- Port Lotniczy Szczecin-Goleniów Sp. z o.o. – 32,90%
- Port Lotniczy Rzeszów-Jasionka Sp. z.o.o. – 45,67%
- Port Lotniczy Poznań-Ławica Sp. z o.o. – 38,99%
- Mazowiecki Port Lotniczy Warszawa-Modlin Sp. z o.o. – 27.41%
- Port Lotniczy Gdańsk Sp. z o.o. – 27,47%
- Port Lotniczy Wrocław S.A. – 19,74%
- Górnośląskie Towarzystwo Lotnicze S.A. – 17,30%
- Porty Lotnicze Mazury Sp. z o.o. – 12.67% (the entity does not actually operate)
- Port Lotniczy Bydgoszcz S.A. – 3,75%
Specialist companies providing passenger, freight and aircraft handling services at Polish airports:
- Welcome Airport Services Sp. z o.o. – 100%
- ACS Sp. z o.o. – 100%
- Airport Meteo – 100%
- Baltona – 99,97%
- Lotniczy Dworzec Towarowy Wrocław Sp. z o.o. – 59.30%
- Casinos Poland Sp. z o.o. – 33.33%
- Polish Airports Academy Sp. z o.o. – 100%
PPL own specialist companies providing passenger service and freight and aircraft handling at Polish airports (Welcome Airport Services Sp. z o.o. and Lotniczy Dworzec Towarowy Wrocław Sp. z o.o.) and companies conducting non-aviation activity: ACS Sp. z o.o.
PPL operates according to the highest international standards, in line with corporate governance principles set out in PPL strategic documents.. PPL is owned by the State Treasury and supervised by the Ministry of Development Funds and Regional Policy. ‘Polish Airports’ State Enterprise is subject to regulations imposed by Civil Aviation Authority and International Civil Aviation Organization – ICAO.